Commitment to achieving Net Zero
The Direct Medics Group is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2045
The Direct Medics Group are committed to protecting the environment by demonstrating high standards of environmental responsibility in all our operations and minimising the environmental impacts associated with our activities and services. In particular, we recognise the importance of decarbonising our business and we have set a goal for Group operations to achieve net zero by 2045.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Baseline Year: 2023
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
The baseline calculations cover all UK operations of the Direct Medics Group which includes:
Due to the clerical nature of work carried out at our fixed locations, emissions are calculated as location based rather than market based, but our Scope 3 figures have been extended to include all business travel i.e:
Baseline year emissions:
17.045318 TOTAL (tCO2e)
Direct Medics does not transport or distribute products in vehicles / facilities not owned by the company.
This is comprised of:
Total: 2.33 tCO2e
We will be able to complete future reporting once we have established our baseline year of 2022. We will be able to complete future reporting once we have established our baseline year of 2022.
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 14.488 tCO2e by 2027 This is a reduction of 15%
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
- Direct Medics have moved to a virtually paperless work environment, as staff work from a virtualised desktop, reducing the amount of printing that is required within the office.
- Employees are encouraged to recycle with separate bins provided and a reduced amount of waste going into general waste bins.
- Upgraded old office Gas Boiler to eciTEC ErP “A” rated.
- Introduced a WFH Scheme to encourage employees to work from home 4 days within the week, with 1 day in the office.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Paperless Payslips sent to candidates and internal staff.
- Refurbished Toner cartridge and reduced printers required with the physical office.
- Changed our desktop requirements for staff, we removed high wattages desktops to lower power drawing laptops across our Northern Ireland sites.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- We aim to create a mobile app environment that reduce the need for applications to be printed, however will need to align with needs of NHS Trusts.
- Research Green Electric Tariffs
- Research more energy efficient lighting for within the Northern Ireland offices.
- Potentially review adding additional temporary offices to the scope of the Carbon Reduction Plan
- Review tools for monitoring and measuring water consumption and improving efficiency, to increase the scope of the Carbon Reduction Plan.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard1 and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting2.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard3.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed on behalf of the Supplier: